Technical meeting with stakeholders on the draft protocol for the assessment of free sugars
This technical meeting was arranged to discuss EFSA’s draft protocol for the assessment of free sugars from all dietary sources, which is currently available for public consultation.
The meeting focused on the methods for i) collecting data (i.e. which data to use for the assessment and how to identify and select them), ii) appraising the relevant evidence, and iii) analysing and integrating the evidence to draw conclusions that will form the basis of the EFSA Scientific opinion on free sugars.
The meeting did not address the EFSA scientific opinion per se, but rather the methodology that will be applied to the scientific assessment. The scientific opinion will be developed using the final version of the protocol and will be the subject of a dedicated public consultation and technical meeting (expected last quarter 2019).
- EFSA Nutrition Unit: WG composition and workplan
- M. Vinceti: Interpretation of the mandate and methodology applied
- A. Germini: Intake assessment - Food composition data
- D. Arcella: Intake assessment - Food consumption data
- S. Valtueña Martínez: Micronutrient status
- L. Tappy: Chronic metabolic diseases and dental caries - Criteria
- S. Valtueña Martínez: Chronic metabolic diseases and dental caries - Risk of bias
- M. Vinceti: Synthesis of the evidence, weight of evidence and uncertainty analysis