EFSA's Panel on plant protection products and their residues (PPR Panel) has launched an open consultation on the existing Guidance Documents for Aquatic Ecotoxicology (SANCO/3268/2001) and Terrestrial Ecotoxicology (SANCO/10329/2002) under Council Directive 91/414/EEC. These documents intend to provide guidance to notifiers and Member States on how to conduct assessment of aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology in the context of the review of active substances for inclusion in Annex I of Directive 91/414/EEC.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by means of the electronic forms available on this page by 15 December 2008. Please note that comments submitted by e-mail or by post cannot be taken into account.
Comments should refer to the respective chapters of the Guidance Documents as provided for in the electronic form. If interested parties wish to contribute studies or data to support a particular comment, these should be published or accepted for publication in scientific reports or journals and clear reference to where the supporting information is found should be made.
It should be noted that a submission will not under any circumstances be considered if:
- It is submitted after the deadline set out in the call;
- It is presented in any other form than the instructions and template provide for;
- It contains comments which do not relate to the contents of the document;
- It contains information on individual cases;
- It contains complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material;
- It is related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
- Repeated comments received from the same contributor will appear only once.
- Comments submitted by individuals on personal capacity will be published anonymously.
- Comments submitted formally on behalf of an organization will appear with the name of the organization.
EFSA will assess all relevant comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the above criteria. The comments will be evaluated by the EFSA’s Scientific Panel on plant protection products and their residues (PPR Panel) and taken into consideration where these will enhance the scientific quality or understanding during the revision of the documents. Following this procedure EFSA will publish the relevant comments received, as well as a short report on the outcome of the consultation.