EFSA's Unit on Food Ingredients and Packaging has launched an open consultation on the draft Bisphenol A (BPA) hazard assessment protocol. This protocol details a priori the strategy and methodology for data collection, study inclusion, evidence appraisal and integration that will be applied in the future EFSA’s re-evaluation of BPA hazard identification and characterisation.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 3 September 2017. Please use the electronic template provided to submit comments and refer to the line and page numbers. Kindly note that after 2 hours of non‑activity your working session will expire and comments submitted after that time will not be recorded and transmitted. Therefore, if the page is left inactive for more than 2 hours, please re-open it from the link before restarting to comment. If you would like to submit additional data to support your comments or file send an email to: FIP.PublicConsult.97 [at] efsa.europa.eu. Please note that comments will not be considered if they:
- are submitted after the closing date of the public consultation
- are presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
- are not related to the contents of the document
- contain complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
- are related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further considered by the relevant EFSA Panel and taken into consideration if found to be relevant.
All comments submitted will be published. Comments submitted by individuals in a personal capacity will be presented anonymously. Comments submitted formally on behalf of an organisation will appear with the name of the organisation.
Submit comments (deadline: 3 September 2017)