Follow EFSA's scientists up close. Attend scientific meetings open to observers.
Observers can attend EFSA’s open plenary meetings to see first-hand how EFSA’s Scientific Committee and its Scientific Panels discuss and adopt their scientific assessments. We encourage attendees to pose questions to EFSA’s scientific experts.
- All attendees should read EFSA’s Guidelines for Observers before registering to attend an open plenary meeting.
- For questions or queries on open plenary meetings at EFSA, please contact us at: publicmeetings [at] efsa.europa.eu
Open plenary meetings (registration now open):
- Registration to observe the open plenary of the GMO Panel is now open. The meeting will take place in Parma, Italy, on 25-26 October 2017 (updated draft agenda of the meeting available here). If you wish to attend as an observer please register here by 11 October 2017. Please note that there are only a limited number of seats available at the meeting. Therefore priority will be given on a first-come, first-served basis and EFSA reserves the right to screen applications to ensure geographical balance and broad participation. If you are unable to attend the meeting in person but would like to follow the proceedings, you can watch via our dedicated web stream. To register for the streaming service, please complete this form.
Upcoming open plenary meetings in 2017 (registration not yet open):
- Plenary meeting of the Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources Added to Food (ANS)
Parma, 20-23 November 2017
- Plenary meeting of the Panel on Food Contact Materials, Enzymes, Flavourings and Processing Aids (CEF)
Parma, 28-30 November 2017
- Plenary meeting of the Panel on Biological Hazards (BIOHAZ)
Parma, 6-7 December 2017
Open plenary meetings closed for registration:
- 128th plenary meeting of the FEEDAP Panel
Parma, Italy 26 September 2017
- 86th plenary meeting of the CONTAM Panel
Parma, Italy 19 September 2017
- 84th plenary meeting of the Scientific Committee
Parma, Italy 12 July 2017
- 88th Plenary meeting of the Panel on Plant Protection Products and their Residues (PPR)
Parma, Italy 5 July 2017