Glyphosate: EFSA responds to critics
EFSA has replied to criticism of the EU assessment of glyphosate that was overseen by the Authority last year.
Christopher Portier sent a letter to Vytenis Andriukaitis, the EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, in which he raised a number of objections to the process and the conclusions of EFSA’s assessment. Prof. Portier is a scientist who contributed to a report on glyphosate by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
Bernhard Url, EFSA’s Executive Director, has sent a detailed reply to Prof. Portier that addresses the points raised in his letter.
- Letter from Professor Portier to Commissioner Andriukaitis (27 November 2015)
- Reply from EFSA to Professor Portier (13 January 2016)
- Letter from Dr. Wild to Bernhard Url (5 February 2016)
- Reply from Bernhard Url to Dr. Wild (9 February 2016)
- Letter from Dr. Wild to Bernhard Url (12 February 2016)
- Infographic: Who assesses pesticides in the EU?
- Interactive infographic: How Europe ensures pesticides are safe