The European Food Safety Authority, being an EU body, must put out to tender all contracts for goods, services and works which it needs for its operation. These tender procedures are based on European Union legislation and the basic principles of transparency, equal treatment and non-discrimination, widest competition, proportionality and sound financial management.
It should be noted that according to public procurement rules, not all procurement calls are necessarily published. Those calls for tenders that are subject to publication can be found in Tenders Electronic Daily (TED - the tender information service run by the Publications Office of the European Union) as well as in this section of our website.
There are several types of procurement procedure which EFSA may use to select contractors. The most commonly used procurement procedures used at EFSA are open calls for tenders and negotiated procedures. Further detailed information on EFSA procurement can be found in the
Other general information on EFSA procurement
- The annual list of contractors for previous years ) (
- The annual work programme for grants and procurement for previous years ) (
Procurement templates to be used for submitting an offer
- (to be used for any calls with launch date until 29 Sep 2014)
(to be used for any calls with launch date until 29 Sep 2014)
- (to be used for any calls with launch date as of 30 Sep 2014)
(to be used for any calls with launch date as of 30 Sep 2014)
- For guidance on interests to be declared in the institutional and individual declaration of interest template, please consult the:
- (applicable as of 30 Sep 2014)