Our catalogue of support services for applicants, Member States and other interested parties lists services we offer during the different phases of the application process.
How can applicants make use of the available services? Here’s a quick overview:
What services are on offer?
- Guidance documents detailing the procedure for the preparation and submission of applications
- Info Sessions where EFSA and its stakeholders discuss issues related to the evaluation of regulated products
- Webinars – online information sessions to share information and enhance dialogue with stakeholders
- An online question service
- Paper-less, online submissions
- Opportunities for clarification through teleconferences and technical hearings at Working Group and/or Panel meetings
- Email notifications to applicants following the assessment of an application
- Explanation of the scientific rationale of the assessment following completion
Pilot: administrative pre-submission check of draft dossiers from small and medium-sized enterprises
EFSA is running a trial to carry out pre-submission administrative check of dossiers from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The trial covers the areas of feed additives (Commission Regulation EC 1831/2003) and novel foods (Commission Regulation EU 2015/2283), excluding traditional foods, and runs from June to March 2018.
The new initiative aims to provide dedicated support to SMEs during the preparation of their dossiers. SMEs can send a draft version of the dossier to EFSA that checks the format and its compliance with the relevant regulatory framework and EFSA guidance documents, before the official submission. Advice on scientific issues is not in the scope of the initiative.
Find out how to request the pilot initiative
Are you a SME in the area of feed additives or novel foods (excluding traditional foods)? Read more on how to request the pre-submission check.