Follow EFSA's scientists up close. Attend scientific meetings open to observers.
Observers can attend EFSA’s open plenary meetings to see first-hand how EFSA’s Scientific Committee and its Scientific Panels discuss and adopt their scientific assessments. We encourage attendees to interact with and pose questions to EFSA’s scientific experts.
- All attendees should read EFSA’s Guidelines for Observers before registering to attend an open plenary meeting.
- For questions or queries on open plenary meetings at EFSA, please contact us at: publicmeetings [at] efsa.europa.eu
Open plenary meetings (registration now open):
At this moment in time there are no plenary meetings open for registration. Should you have any questions or queries, please contact us at: publicmeetings [at] efsa.europa.eu
Those interested in attending an open plenary meeting as observers should read the following guidelines:
- Guidelines for Observers(28.04 KB)
Upcoming open plenary meetings in 2017 (registration not yet open):
The 2017 calendar of open plenary meetings is expected to be announced in the course of December 2016.
Open plenary meetings closed for registration:
- Plenary meeting of the Panel on Food Contact Materials, Enzymes, Flavourings and Processing Aids (CEF)
Brussels, 30 November 2016
- Plenary meeting of the Scientific Committee (SC)
Brussels, 16-17 November 2016
- Plenary meeting of the Panel on Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)
Brussels, 26-27 October 2016
- Plenary meeting of the Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources Added to Food (ANS)
Brussels, 27 September 2016
- Plenary meeting of the Panel on Biological Hazards (BIOHAZ)
Brussels, 7-8 September 2016