EFSA's Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources added to Food (ANS Panel) has launched an open consultation on a draft guidance document on safety evaluation of sources of nutrients and bioavailability of nutrient from the sources. This document is intended to assist applicants in the preparation of dossiers for the evaluation of new nutrient sources. It specifies what kind of information and data applicants need to include in their dossiers to allow EFSA to assess the safety of the source as well as the bioavailability of the nutrient from the source proposed.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 11 February 2018. Please use the electronic template provided to submit comments and refer to the line and page numbers. If you would like to submit additional data to support your comments or file send an email to: ANS.PublicConsult.68 [at] efsa.europa.eu. Please note that comments will not be considered if they:
- are submitted after the closing date of the public consultation
- are presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
- are not related to the contents of the document
- contain complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
- are related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further considered by the relevant EFSA Panel and taken into consideration if found to be relevant.
All comments submitted will be published. Comments submitted by individuals in a personal capacity will be presented anonymously. Comments submitted formally on behalf of an organisation will appear with the name of the organisation.
Submit comments (deadline: 11 February 2018)