EFSA’s third scientific conference.
What are the opportunities and challenges facing risk assessment science in the coming years? Technology is making our life easier, but what are the downsides? How can we anticipate trends in a rapidly changing world?
These are some of the questions that will be addressed at the next EFSA scientific conference, which will be held in Parma, Italy, from 18 to 21 September 2018. The conference will focus on the future of scientific risk assessment in food safety, with an emphasis on the social and political context within which it takes place.
By bringing together scientists with diverse backgrounds and expertise, the conference will be an important opportunity to network and share knowledge. A specific programme for early-career researchers has been devised to encourage young scientists to participate.
- Contextualising and advancing risk assessment science.
- Managing evidence.
- Engaging with science and society.
- Risk assessment in a changing world.
- Call for abstracts and opening of registration: mid-January 2018.
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: end of March.
- Conference: 18 to 21 September 2018, Parma, Italy.