EFSA's Panel on Food Additives and Flavourings (FAF Panel) has launched an open consultation on the “Protocol for the assessment of hazard identification and characterisation of the sweeteners”. This document is intended to gain inputs from the interested parties and scientific communities for the evaluation of the safety of sweeteners under the re-evaluation program of food additives.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 6th September 2019. Please use the electronic template provided to submit comments and refer to the line and page numbers. If you would like to submit additional information to support your comments or file send an email to: FIP.PublicConsul.EUS.001 [at] efsa.europa.eu Please note that comments will not be considered if they:
- are submitted after the closing date of the public consultation
- are presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
- are not related to the contents of the document
- contain complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
- are related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further considered by the relevant EFSA Panel and taken into consideration if found to be relevant.
All comments submitted will be published. Comments submitted by individuals in a personal capacity will be presented anonymously. Comments submitted formally on behalf of an organisation will appear with the name of the organisation.