Are you an expert in toxicology – especially in mammalian toxicology and ecotoxicology – physical chemistry, endocrinology, ecology, or analytical methodology? Do you have the skills and experience to carry out risk assessments of pesticide residues, environmental exposure assessments and contribute to the development of guidance documents? Would you like to put your expertise at the service of hundreds of millions of European consumers? Then you should consider applying as an expert for EFSA’s Scientific Panel on Plant Protection Products and their Residues (PPR).
What does the PPR Panel do?
The Panel provides scientific advice on the risk assessment of plant protection products (commonly known as pesticides) and their residues. Panel experts assess risks for users of pesticides, for workers in treated areas, for residents, for consumers of treated food commodities and for wildlife. The Panel also develops new risk assessment approaches, methodologies and models which are then reflected in respective guidance documents. See our dedicated page for more details.
To find out more, check out our topics on:
Registration is now open on EFSA’s website – submit your application by 8 September 2017.
Would you like to know more?
- Be a safe-food scientist - apply now for EFSA’s scientific panels! News story on the launch of EFSA’s panel renewal campaign
- What are pesticides and how do they get into our food? Understanding science video
- Why are bees under threat? Understanding science video
- Who assesses pesticides in Europe? Interactive infographic
- How Europe monitors pesticide residues in food, infographic