Webinar| 14 April 2021, 11:00-12:15
On 14 April 2021, EFSA hosted a webinar which introduced participants to the new services, processes and provisions that will apply to dossiers and mandates submitted on/after 27 March 2021 as a result of the implementation of the Transparency Regulation. The webinar attracted considerable interest and was watched live by more than 300 participants who were able to submit questions.
EFSA explained the proactive disclosure requirements introduced by the Transparency Regulation, gave an outline of the confidentiality decision making process and provided an overview of the new mechanisms and tools for submitting a confidentiality request.
The information shared with participants included:
- Procedural and substantive requirements for the submission of a confidentiality request;
- Procedural aspects of decision making;
- Legal remedies;
- Implementation of confidentiality decisions;
- Withdrawal of application dossiers;
- Guidance on the submission of a confidentiality request via the E-submission Food Chain platform of the Commission, IUCLID or “Portalino”;
- References and links to relevant legal provisions, guidance and training materials.
- Information on minimum content for a confidentiality request.
A video recording of the webinar is available at the link below. In addition, you can find the PowerPoint presentation and answers to all key questions raised during the webinar at the links below.
Presentation and recording
Confidentiality for Applicant/BOs