Approximate launch date:
- Ref: NP/EFSA/FEED/2021/02
- Budget: €89.800,00 (€40.800 for lot 1 and €49.000 for lot 2)
- Approximate launch date: end of October
- Deadline to register interest: 26/10/2021
- Background: Several substances have been proposed as feed additives having a direct favourable effect on the environment. Some are being assessed by EFSA. In addition, Regulation 1831/2003 was updated (in 2019) with a new category of feed additives: stabilisers of the physiological condition of animals. In view of providing guidance on the assessment of the efficacy of both types of feed additives, further information about possible candidate substances, their mode of action and valid end points for the assessment is needed. It is considered that both topics are quickly evolving in the scientific literature. A literature review will collect the available up-to-date scientific information.
- Objectives:The objectives of the contract resulting from this procurement procedure are as follows:
- Lot 1: To identify candidate substances to become feed additives with a direct favourable effect on the environment; collecting data on their mode of action; and proposing end-points valid to assess their efficacy.
- Lot 2: To identify candidate substances to become feed additives having an effect as physiological condition stabilisers; collecting data on their mode of action; and proposing end-points valid to assess their efficacy.
- Selection criteria – technical and professional capacity: to deliver the service it is considered that experience is needed in systematic literature reviews, animal nutrition, animal physiology, animal welfare, fate and degradation of substances in the environment and ecotoxicity. Additional selection criteria for each lot will be defined in the tender specifications.
If you are interested in this procedure please send an email within the deadline to efsaprocurement [at] efsa.europa.eu quoting the reference of the procedure and specifying the following:
- your name/organisation’s name and address;
- whether you participate as a physical person or an organisation/private company.