EFSA launches new corporate website
EFSA today unveiled its new corporate website. The site has been completely redesigned and rebuilt to optimize usability for EFSA’s key online audiences. The relaunch of the website is a first step in EFSA’s new online communication strategy which aims to increase significantly over the next two years awareness and use of the website and related multimedia.
The EFSA website now receives around 115,000 visits per month and is a key resource for those working in the areas of food and feed safety in Europe.
Some of the website’s new features include:
- Simpler navigation
- Topic and output-driven content
- More graphics and more use of the colour palette
- More user-friendly written content
- Events and meetings calendar: All EFSA events and meetings listed in one place
- All documents searchable by title, date and category.
- EFSA scientific opinions searchable by sub-category, date and title
- EFSA staff searchable by name
- All declarations of interest for panel, working group members searchable by name or group
- Cross-linking throughout the site using the right-hand column linking feature
During 2007 and 2008, EFSA will also launch a new search engine and increase use of multimedia such as webcasting to communicate with its key audiences.