EFSA panel renewal 2018: food additives and flavourings
Are you an expert in food technology, chemistry, toxicology or human epidemiology? Do you have experience assessing chemical risks and consumer exposure to chemicals in the food chain? Would you like to put your expertise at the service of hundreds of millions of European consumers? Then you should consider applying as an expert for EFSA’s Scientific Panel on Food Additives and Flavourings (FAF).*
What does the FAF Panel do?
The panel evaluates the safety of chemical substances added to food and consumer exposure to them. The Panel's work mainly concerns substances evaluated by EFSA before their use can be authorised in the EU. See the Panel’s page for more detail.
Save the date: 1 June 2017
Register now on EFSA’s website and prepare your application in advance so that you can submit it between 1 June and 8 September 2017.
Would you like to know more?
- Food safety scientists wanted. Join EFSA’s scientific panels – news story on EFSA’s panel renewal
- Re-evaluation of food colours: EFSA completes major programme – feature story
- EFSA explains the safety of aspartame – plain language summary
- Chemicals in food: establishing safe levels – Understanding Science video
* In July 2018, the FAF Panel will take over from the Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources Added to Food (ANS).