Endocrine disruptors: EFSA asks stakeholders to join Consultation Group
EFSA is seeking representatives from stakeholder organisations to support the development of its Guidance Document on identifying endocrine disruptors in pesticides and biocides.
The guidance is being drafted by a joint group of scientists from EFSA and the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), supported by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre. In addition, a Consultation Group is being set up to support the drafting group, comprising members of ECHA’s Endocrine Disruptor Expert Group and pesticide experts selected by EFSA from EU Member States and from among its registered stakeholders.
EFSA launched a call for nominees from Member States in December 2016 and is now seeking nominations from its registered stakeholder organisations. The deadline for submissions is 31 January 2017. For full details please consult the official call document.
- Call to EFSA stakeholder organisations for nominating stakeholder experts to the ad hoc ECHA/EFSA Endocrine Disruption Guidance Consultation Group
- Nomination form
- ECHA Endocrine Disruptor Expert Group
- Outline of draft Guidance for the implementation of hazard-based criteria to identify endocrine disruptors
- Request from the European Commission
- Minutes of joint EFSA/ECHA/JRC kick-off meeting on endocrine disruptors guidance
- European Commission’s proposed criteria for endocrine disruptors