36th meeting of the Management Board
The 36th meeting of the Management Board took place on 25 June 2008 in Ljubljana (Slovenia). The mandates of seven members including that of Board Chair, Professor Patrick Wall, will expire on 30 June 2008. They will be replaced by members who will take up their appointments on 1 July 2008.
Executive Director Catherine Geslain-Lanéelle thanked the outgoing members of the Management Board on behalf of EFSA for their significant contribution to the development of the organisation over the past six years. She pointed in particular to their public spirit and dedication which greatly contributed to the ultimate goal of EFSA, the protection of the European consumer. "They have played a key role in guiding the Authority and EFSA has benefited tremendously from the strategic direction, expertise and experience that they have put at its disposal since inception" the Executive Director said.
The new members were appointed by the Council of the European Union on 23 June 2008, in consultation with the European Parliament, from a list of candidates drawn up by the European Commission following an open call for expressions of interest.
The members whose mandates expire are Patrick Wall (Chair), Giorgio Calabrese, Matthias Horst, Deirdre Hutton, João Pedro Machado, Pirkko Raunemaa and Milan Pogacnik.
- Minutes of the 36th Management Board meeting(133.12 KB)
- Welcome and opening of the meeting
- Address by the Director General of Food Safety at the Ministry of Agriculture, Mr. Matjaž Kočar
- Adoption of the draft agenda(57.05 KB)
- Adoption of the draft minutes of the 27 March 08 MB meeting public session
- Executive Director Progress Report(126.35 KB)
- Update from the Audit Committee
- Presentation of the Chair of the BIOHAZ Panel(527.83 KB)
- Financial Statements Accounts 2007(1.16 MB)
- Budget Execution and Forecast for 2008 - Presentation(93.43 KB)
- Transfers in the EFSA Budget(104.44 KB)
- MB meeting dates for 2009(28.75 KB)
- Any other business
- Review of the Article 36 list(24.81 KB)