Tips and tricks on the assessment of feed additives
14:00- 15:00 (GMT+01:00)
The submission of an application can be very time and resource-consuming. The aim of this webinar is to help applicants better understand the principles behind EFSA’s risk assessment of feed additives and improve the quality of their technical dossiers. This should lead to quicker assessment of applications and efficiency gains.
The webinar is for applicants who are not yet familiar with the EU process of authorisation of feed additives. Experienced applicants will refresh their knowledge. For EFSA staff this is an opportunity to explore applicants’ needs and collect useful information to tailor future activities.
During the webinar, participants may submit questions which EFSA will answer in the Q&A box. A recording of the webinar will be published after the event.
Note to participants:
For technical reasons, participation is limited to a maximum of 500 participants on a first-come, first-served basis.
You can register here
- Guidace for the preparation of dossiers for technological additives
- Guidace for the preparation of dossiers for zootechnical additives
- Guidace for the preparation of dossiers for sensory additives
- Guidace for the preparation of dossiers for nutritional additives
- Guidance for the preparation of dossiers for coccidiostats and histomonostats
- Guidace on tolerance and efficacy studies in target animals
- Guidace for assessing the safety of feed additives for the environment
- Guidace on the renewal of the authorisation of feed additives
- Guidace for the preparation of dossiers for additives already authorised for use in food
- Guidace for establishing the safety of additives for the consumer
- Guidace on studies concerning the safety of use of the additive for users/workers
- Guidace on the assessment of the toxigenic potential of Bacillus species used in animal nutrition
- Guidace on the assessment of additives intended to be used in pets and other non food-producing animals
- Guidace on microbial studies
- Guidace on the extrapolation of data from major species to minor species regarding the assessment of additives for use in animal nutrition
- Guidace on the assessment of bacterial susceptibility to antimicrobials of human and veterinary importance
- Guidace on the compatibility of zootechnical microbial additives with other additives showing antimicrobial activity
- Guidace on the risk assessment of genetically modified microorganisms and their products intended for food and feed use
- Guidace on the assessment of the safety of feed additives for the consumer (entry into force 1 May 2018)
- Guidace on the identity, characterisation and conditions of use of feed additives (entry into force 1 May 2018)
- Guidace on the assessment of the safety of feed additives for the target species (entry into force 1 May 2018)
Technical requirements and assistance