Note: The deadline has been extended until 14 April 2010, 12 AM.
EFSA’s Panel on Animal Health and Welfare (AHAW) has launched an online public consultation on its draft scientific report on the welfare aspects of genetic selection in chickens raised specifically for meat production (broilers).
The consultation aims to gather the widest range of views to finalise the work and provide the most up-to-date and comprehensive scientific advice to EU decision makers.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 14th April 2010 at 12.00. Please use exclusively the electronic template provided with the documents to submit comments and refer to the line and page numbers. Please note that comments submitted by e-mail or by post cannot be taken into account and that a submission will not be considered if it is:
- submitted after the deadline set out in the call
- presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
- not related to the content of the document
- contains complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
- is related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. After completion of the public consultation, the EFSA AHAW Panel will consider relevant comments. In addition, a technical report on the public consultation will be published.