Public consultation on the draft Scientific Opinion on acrylamide in food
The EFSA Panel on Contaminants in the Food Chain (CONTAM) has launched an open consultation on its draft scientific opinion on acrylamide in food. This document includes an assessment of the dietary exposure to acrylamide, an evaluation of the toxicological hazards and a characterisation of the risks to human health.
In line with EFSA’s policy on openness and transparency, EFSA seeks comments from the scientific community and stakeholders on this draft document.
All stakeholders and interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 15 September 2014. The electronic template provided with the documents should be used exclusively for the submission of comments, with reference made to the line and page numbers. Please note that comments submitted by email or post cannot be taken into account. In addition, comments will not be considered if they:
- are submitted after the deadline set out in the call
- are presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
- are not related to the contents of the document
- contain complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
- are related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties, which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further evaluated by the CONTAM Panel and taken into consideration, if found to be relevant.
All comments submitted will be published. Comments submitted by individuals in a personal capacity will be presented anonymously. Comments submitted formally on behalf of an organisation will appear with the name of the organisation.Published: 1 July 2014