EFSA’s Panel on Plant Health has launched an open consultation on its scientific opinion on the risk of Phyllosticta citricarpa (Guignardia citricarpa) for the EU territory with identification and evaluation of risk reduction options. The scientific opinion is comprised of the following elements:
- a pest risk assessment for Phyllosticta citricarpa (Guignardia citricarpa)
- the identification of risk reduction options and an evaluation of their effectiveness
- an evaluation of the effectiveness of current EU requirements, listed in Council Directive 2000/29/EC for reducing the risk of introduction of this harmful organism into the EU.
In line with EFSA’s policy on openness and transparency and in order for EFSA to receive comments from the scientific community and stakeholders, EFSA has launched a public consultation on the draft scientific opinion developed by the Plant Health Panel of EFSA.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 12 September 2013.
Please use exclusively the electronic template provided with the documents to submit comments and refer to the line and page numbers. Please note that comments submitted by e-mail or by post cannot be taken into account and that a submission will not be considered if it is:
- submitted after the deadline set out in the call
- presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
- not related to the contents of the document
- contains complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
- is related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further considered by the relevant EFSA Panel and taken into consideration if found to be relevant.