In line with EFSA’s policy on openness and transparency and in order for EFSA to receive comments from the scientific community and stakeholders, EFSA’s Panel on Animal Health and Welfare (AHAW) has launched an open consultation on the draft Guidance on the assessment criteria for studies evaluating the effectiveness of stunning interventions regarding animal protection at the time of killing. This document defines the assessment process and the criteria that will be applied to studies on stunning methods.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 18 September 2013.
Comments regarding the clarity, comprehensiveness, relevance and practicality of the assessment process and the evaluation criteria presented in the guidance are welcome.
Please use exclusively the electronic template provided with the documents to submit comments and refer to the line and page numbers. Please note that comments submitted by e-mail or by post cannot be taken into account and that a submission will not be considered if it is:
- submitted after the deadline set out in the call
- presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
- not related to the contents of the document
- contains complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
- is related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further considered by the relevant EFSA Panel and taken into consideration if found to be relevant.