EFSA’s Panels on Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) and Animal Health and Welfare (AHAW) have launched an open consultation on a draft guidance on the risk assessment of food and feed from genetically modified animals including animal health and welfare aspects. This draft document proposes guidance for the risk assessment of food and feed containing, consisting or produced from genetically modified (GM) animals as well as for the health and welfare assessment of these animals.
In line with EFSA’s policy on openness and transparency and in order for EFSA to receive comments from the scientific community and stakeholders, EFSA has launched a public consultation on the draft document developed by the two Panels of EFSA.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 30 September 2011. Please use exclusively the electronic template provided with the documents to submit comments and refer to the line and page numbers. Please note that comments submitted by e-mail or by post cannot be taken into account and that a submission will not be considered if it is:
- submitted after the deadline set out in the call
- presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
- not related to the contents of the document
- contains complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
- is related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further considered by the relevant EFSA Panels and taken into consideration if found to be relevant.
All comments submitted will be published. Comments submitted by individuals in a personal capacity will be presented anonymously. Comments submitted formally on behalf of an organisation will appear with the name of the organisation.